This article is about raw food diet and some recipes for beginners.
When it comes to losing weight, it is significant to shed your unwanted pounds with the understanding of the proper procedure to follow to enable you to get the weight loss program done properly for your own health.
Eating raw food has quickly become popular as more and more people become aware of the benefits of eating raw food. However, you can’t overlook the fact that starting this kind of diet is off-putting. Many recipes require ingredients you may find weird like agave nectar, nutritional yeast or chia seeds and most of these are not found in your pantry especially the beginner’s pantry. These kinds of recipes are great but as a beginner, here are some simple and easy yet delicious recipes for you.
1 cup pecans (you can use walnuts in a pinch, but pecans are much better!)
1 cup dates
5 tablespoons raw cacao (cocoa) powder
4 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Process pecans in your food processor until they become small and crumbly.
- Add dates and process again until the mix sticks together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue processing until you reach a dark chocolate brown color and don’t let your mixture get to buttery.
- Place the mixture into a dish and press down firmly with your hands, make sure they’re clean.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours to make slicing easier.
Raw Egg Salad
This recipe is quite heavy and fatty so make sure you serve this one with lots of veggies especially the romaine lettuce.
1 1/2 cups cashews
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 1/2 cloves garlic
3/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
3 celery stalks – finely chopped
3/4 of a fresh red bell pepper – finely chopped
- Mix everything except red pepper, paprika, celery and pepper in a blender using high speed and blend well until you achieve a creamy and smooth texture.
- Put the mixture into a bowl and add celery, red pepper or even parsley and white onions.
- Mix everything thoroughly and sprinkle pepper and paprika.
Serve on romaine lettuce wraps.
Raw Alfredo Sauce
This recipe’s yield is quite big, and it in fact keeps in the chiller really well.
2 cups unsoaked cashews
1/2 cup pine nuts (or just use more cashews if you don’t have pine nuts)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 cloves garlic
1 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon thyme spice
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Blend everything until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Serve with squash or zucchini or kelp noodles available in stores.
Raw Chicken Salad
This recipe is simple and is a good substitute especially for vegans.
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup cashews
1 cup pecans
1 cucumber (peel first if your skin is tough) (cut into chunks)
1 small red onion
Half of an apple (cut into chunks)
1 celery stick (cut into chunks)
1 teaspoon fresh or dried dill
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 pinch of sea salt
- Process all ingredients briefly in a food processor.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes so the flavors will be combined nicely. However, this recipe doesn’t last very long so you need to eat up fast.
- Serve in lettuce wraps or in a hollowed out sweet bell pepper with avocado chunks on top.